Mar 10, 2011

The Tasks We Avoid

And it isn’t the thing you do, dear,
It’s the thing you leave undone
Which gives you a bit of a heartache
At the setting of the sun.  

           –Margaret Sangster
which now comes in a new edition)

What are the tasks you avoid the most? I'm nearly famous for my collections of clutter, for postponing the scheduling of service calls and for making excuses for not phoning those relatives whose lives could use a phone call now and then. So we'll see how many things I get done this afternoon waiting around at home for the cable guy... Think how great I'll feel if I work from one end of the house to the other, de-cluttering counters, dressers, and table tops.  My goal will be to stop every half hour (I'd better set the timer) for a phone call and a glass of water.  And maybe before sunset we'll even have the blips in our cable signal fixed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!